In one month we have done so much and experienced even more.
Travel Statistics (from April 19 – May 19, 2014)
Days traveled: 30
Countries visited: 3 (Mexico, Ecuador, Peru (plus a 6 hour layover in El Salvador))
Total distance traveled:11,154 km
- By plane:11,154 km
- By boat: Galapagos tour not included
Most expensive taxi ride: $60 from airport in Lima
Least expensive taxi ride: $1.00 in Quito to go to the mall
Number of nights in/on:
- Condo/apartment: 13
- Home stay:13
- Boat: 4
Most expensive accommodations: $89 in Lima
Least expensive accommodations: $57 in Quito (included 2 meals a day)
UNESCO World Heritage sites visited:
- Chichen-Itza, Mexico
- City of Quito, Ecuador
- Galapagos islands, Ecuador
Holidays spent aboard:
- Easter (April 20, 2014) – spent on the beaches getting sunburned in Cancun, Mexico.
- Noah’s 13th birthday (April 27, 2014) – spent with host family enjoying a traditional Peruvian birthday cake in Quito, Peru.
- Our 14 Wedding Anniversary (April 29, 2014) – spend attending Spanish lessons in Quito, Peru.
- Mother’s Day (May 11, 2014) – spent snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands.
- Bring your passport with you when visiting the equator and Galapagos Islands so you can get it stamped.
- Its okay to ask for help.
- Don’t forget to use sun screen.
- Visit the bank frequently. Everyone wants to be paid in cash.
- People don’t seem to be too concerned about the number of stray dogs walking around.